Saint Mark Parish News
Updated for February 5, 2023
Dear St Mark Family,
We welcome you to the celebration of the 5th Sunday in Ordinary Time and Baptism Weekend. We welcome back Fr Anthony!
This weekend we will have a Baptism at 5:30pm and 8:30am.
For this coming week we will return to our normal Daily Mass schedule, Tuesday and Thursday at 8:30asm and Wednesday at 7pm, with a 6:30pm rosary.
Our Parish Offices will be open this Sunday, from 9am to 1pm, and then Monday to Thursday, from 9am to 3pm.
Children's Religious Formation this Sunday, Feb 5th, at 12:30-2pm and Teen Formation at 6 to 8pm.
Upcoming events include:
- Sign ups are ongoing for the Adult Formation Small Groups for Lent beginning this Tuesday, Feb 7th, at 9:30am and 7pm - https://giving.parishsoft.com/App/Form/ad8beaff-dafa-4bd4-88f8-cb6d2a9e9fac, also on the table in the Commons.
- Special Prayer Service for the end of Human Trafficking will be conducted this Wednesday, Feb 8th, at 1:30pm in the Daily Chapel, on this International Day of Prayer and Awareness!
- The Wisdom Seekers are having a Pot-Luck will be this coming Friday, Feb 10th at 12pm, with a Valentine's theme.
- Sign-ups are ongoing for the Women's Retreat, the weekend of Feb 17-18, at the St Clare of Assisi Retreat Center. Cost is $75. https://form.jotform.com/223545045705150.
- The Knights are hosting a Mardi Gras night on Sat, Feb 18th, at 6:45pm. Tickets are available.
- The Chili Cook-Off, on Feb 25th, sign-ups are already being taken and tickets are on sale to attend. This is a special fundraiser for our Youth Group for the many events coming up.
We are collecting last year's palms for burning at the Shrove Tuesday Service on Feb 21 and use on Ash Wednesday, which is Feb 22, this year!
Looking ahead to the Season of Lent, Parish Life will once again host our Lenten "meatless" Soup Supper on the Fridays of Lent, starting Fri, Feb 24th, at 6pm. Stations of the Cross will follow at 7pm!
Have a blessed week!
God bless, Deacon Mike